Saturday, February 21, 2015

Read Along with Me...

There is only one thing I enjoy as much as reading books, and that is talking about them. Nursing my baby girl, usually puts her to sleep- leaving me 2 hours to read every single day. That means a lot of books. 

Here's the list of my recent- reads, since she was born, I'd love some literary company!

  • Still Life with WoodPecker by Tom Robbins
  • Anna Karenina By Leo Tolstoy
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • Portrait's in Sepia by Isabel Allende
  • Moby Dick by Herman Melville
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
  • The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  • As I lay Dying by William Faulkner
  • Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • The Portable Dorothy Parker Edited by Marion Meade
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Slaughterhouse five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Hyperbole and a half by Allie Brosh 
  • The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman
Any suggestions? 

2 comments:

Larry said...

Crime and Punishment ;)

Teagan Jeter said...

I recommend "In Pharaoh's Army Memories of the Lost War" by Tobias Wolff. I've enjoyed all the novels by this author.
Another author I admire is John Cheever; "Falconer" was a good read.
Do you have free libraries? In NJ, we do. There is also a system called BCCLS in the county I live in, where you can check the availability of books and have them sent to your town's library if it is not available there. Love, love, love my HHK library!